Laminate Flooring Maintenance Tips:
How do I maintain the beauty of my laminate floor?Some practical tips for laminate Floors
Clean the floor regularly with a vacuum cleaner or dry mop. If necessary, the floor may be cleaned with a well wrung cloth and a synthetic detergent. Avoid using too much water. Spillages of water should be wiped off immediately. To protect the floor from sand we recommend you to use the doormats at entries (but do not use mats with a rubber backing). The ideal room humidity is 40-60% and temperature of 20 °C (68 degrees Fahrenheit).To protect your laminate floor, we recommend the following precautions:
- Avoid contact with dirt, sand, grit and substances such as oil or asphalt by placing carpets and vinyl-back doormats at the front and backdoor.
- Use floor protectors and furniture legs/wheels with a large ground surface to limit the impact of heavy objects.
- Maintain a relative indoor air humidity of between 40 and 60% all year round, in order to limit natural expansion and contraction of the wood.
- Avoid cutting and grooving in your flooring by sharp objects. If you have chairs with wheels, make sure they are made of soft rubber.
- The surface of your new laminate flooring is particularly durable and wear resistant, so that it requires no additional treatment. No need for sanding, varnishing, polishing or waxing, meaning that the typical and intrinsic properties of your laminate flooring are retained.
- Laminate floors have a hard, closed surface, so that you needn’t always clean it with a damp mop. Every once in a while will do. This way, you avoid lasting damage to your floor.
How should you clean your floor?The first time:
- Remove all dirt and dust with a soft brush or vacuum cleaner with a soft parquet brush.
- Clean the floor with a dry dust cloth.
- Replace the dust cloth and clean again.
- Remove any remaining dirt with a laminate cleaner.
- Replace the dust cloth with a slightly damp cloth and clean again.
- If necessary, repeat the slightly damp cleaning process.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft parquet brush or dry electrostatic dust cloths that attract dirt, dust and hair like a magnet.
- Work the floor cleaner length ways along the panels, in an overlapping zigzag motion and with long strokes across the floor.
- Wet cleaning is not recommended, because it can cause lasting damage to your floor. Clean your laminate flooring with a well wrung out cloth instead.
- Work the cloth length ways along the panels, in a fluent zigzag motion across the floor, without applying pressure.
- Clean the surface thoroughly with a clean cloth (cotton/towelling) and remove any puddles immediately.
Special Laminate Floor Maintenance Tips have been brought to you by Lamett®. Browse all the Lamett® Flooring selections at A1 Factory Direct Flooring in San Marcos, CA. Visit our showroom today or schedule a FREE in home estimate!CLICK HERE